HD Only Cable Box or HD/PVR Box - DCT 6400/DCT 3400 Series
Parental control is a valuable tool if there are some channels that you feel are not appropriate for some viewers in your family, or if you find the need to limit viewing for any reason.
Experiment with the Parental Control settings to achieve the results you desire.
- Press the 'Menu' or 'Settings' button
- Press the 'A' button for more settings
- Press the arrow up/down button and highlight Parental Control
- Press the 'Select/OK' button
The following are the list of options that will come up and a description of what each option will do:
you can press the 'Select/OK' button to set this to On, Off (Auto Relock), Off (Relock Manually)
press the 'Select/OK' Button to change the pin#
press the 'Select/OK' Button to add channels to the list
press the 'Select/OK' Button to lock channels by their rating
press the 'Select/OK' Button to lock the set top for a specified time frame (can set multiple times)
Hide Adult Titles
press the 'Select/OK' Button to Enable/Disable this option
- Press 'Menu' button, then Press 'A' button for more settings
- Press arrow up/down button and highlight Purchasing Press 'Select/OK' Button
- Highlight Locking Status and press 'Select/OK'
- Highlight ON and press 'Select/OK'
- Enter your PIN# and press 'Select/OK'
Standard Definition Cable Box - DCT700/DCT2000/DCT2500
If you have one of these digital boxes, you can control what's being watch, and not watched, very much the same as above. Follow these simple instructions to get started.
1. Set your PIN number
To set you pin number, begin by pressing MENU or SETTINGS. Use the UP/DOWN arrows and highlight 'Parental Control' and press OK/SELECT. Press A to 'Set Pin'. Enter your 4-digit pin number and then re-enter the number. Now you can press EXIT to go back to watching TV or go on to set specific parameters or controls.
Press MENU or SETTINGS and then use the UP/DOWN arrows and highlight 'Parental Control'. Press OK/SELECT. You'll be asked to enter your pin number. Next highlight 'Lock Channels' and press OK/SELECT.
Now enter the channel number you'd like blocked and press OK/SELECT. Now every time you, or your kids, go to those channels, you'll have to enter your pin number to proceed.
Press the 'Select/OK' Button to lock channels by their ratings
Press the 'Select/OK' Buttom to lock the set top for a specified time frame (can set multiple times)
Hide Adult Titles
Press the 'Select/OK' Button to Enable/Disable this option
- Press Menu/Settings button, press the arrow up/down and highlight Purchasing
- Press the 'OK/Select' button and enter your PIN#
- Highlight PIN Status and press 'OK/Select'
- Highlight PIN Required and press 'OK/Select'